Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is oftentimes also described as the corporate “triple bottom line” which is the totality of the corporation’s financial, social, and environmental performance in conducting its business. In other words, CSR, envisages apart from organisational financial responsibility, Performance Development Centre have responsibilities towards the environment, local communities, working conditions and ethical practices
Performance Development Centre have always recognised and continues to recompense more attention to its corporate citizenship responsibility and the underlying social obligations towards community development for sustainable and economic growth. The company has focused more on corporate social investment for staff development, welfare improvement of the previously disadvantaged groups of the society and the following key projects represent some of the specific social investment programmes:
Ministry of Works and Transport
- Donation of Sports materials and equipment for the Annual National Championship in Katima Mlilo Zambezi Region 20-25th of August 2015
- Soccer Jersey’s for Government Garage on the 9th of April 2016 for Ministerial Sports
- Sponsorship of medals, soccer balls, trophies, netball jerseys, starter gun, speaker for the Annual National Championships in Tsumeb from the 29 August – 30 September 2016.
Ministry of Health and Social Services
- Performance Development Centre, recognises the Ministry of Health and Social Services efforts in rectifying deformities in which infant’s foot is turned inward often so severely that the bottom of the foot faces sideways or even upward. The company understands the financial obligation of the institution and as such decided to donate food staff in June 2015 to the Namibian ClubFoot Program.
Ministry of Mines and Energy
- The institution collaborated with Ministry of Mines and Energy in providing for the needy in Hakahana, Okahandja Park, Okuryangava and Havana in May 2016. The company collected old clothes and food items that were distributed for the people aimed at clothing the naked in the winter season and providing food for the hungry and disadvantaged groups of the society.
Katutura Old Age Home
- Performance Development Centre driven by the spirit of giving, the company on monthly select an orphanage, old age home, associations for people with disabilities and in August 2016, Katutura Old Age Home was furnished with some groceries worth N$3 500,00.
Ohangwena Regional Council
- In the companies endeavour to emancipate skills development in sporting disciplines, Ohangwena Regional Council was a beneficiary for water, first aid kit, and soccer balls for the Regional Council Annual Championships held at the Independence Stadium in Windhoek from the 19th – 23rd of September 2016.